Thursday, October 28, 2010

mary jane & sherbet pips!!

meet mary jane, a sweet little girl that LOVES, red, aqua and pink, and of course mushrooms. she is all prepared for the rain but still looks as cute as ever since her mushroom umbrella is keeping her dry! :)

this was my first time doing interactive piecing (aneela has a great tutorial) which i have admired for quite some time. it was so much fun, and can't wait to do more!! she was specially made for my partner for the scrappy hoops swap!

now i'm trying to decide whether i should keep her simple like this or add a little friend, maybe a squirrel with an umbrella?? what do you think?

also, lookie what came this week!! i couldn't help to squeal when i saw this ADORABLE fabric from my sweet friend, aneela. sherbet pips is going to be a new favorite, for sure!! i can't wait to order this line this coming spring! just trying to decide what i should make out of all this loveliness!!


I'm off to the airport to pick up my mom!! I'm so excited to see her, and get to have her here for a few weeks!!

15 comments:

  1. Your little girl is super cute! I think I would add a little "something!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would add something too, if it were me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! what sweetness hides beneath that happy umbrella?! i am thinking that i need a red+white polka dotted umbrella for myself.
    isn't sherbert pips soooo wonderful??? i was a lucky duck recipient, too. and this layer cake thing...i think that i love it! i don't know how i didn't know about this amazing invention before. i am thrilled that you will be stocking aneela's line!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please leave her just the way she is - adorable!!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hoop girl is one of the cutest things I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your adorable little umbrella girl! Too cute! And those Sherbet Pips?!?! I totally can't wait to get my hands on that when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little stitchy girl is so sweet!!!
    So glad to see you got your pips too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is so cute!! I adore her stockings!!! I would add a lil something extra too!

    Enjoy those Pips- I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your umbrella is DARLING! I'm loving that cute swing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable - I think a little friend with a tiny umbrella would be fun! Have a wonderful visit with your mom. Wow, having her there for a few weeks will be awesome, and fun for the kids, too to have Grandma in town for Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a great job with your project!! i think i would add a little embroidered squirrel. Have a fun visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You already got some Sherbet Pips--no fair!!! The little girl with the umbrella is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your little Mary Jane looks gorgeous. What a lovely idea to do interactive piecing. I hope you were happy with the pattern. Lovely fabric too.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for this adorable fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little something would be adorable, you did an amazing job thought. I'm fascinated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!