Tuesday, July 12, 2011

grandmothers flower garden!


A few weeks ago I got together with some of my sweet Sil's and Mother in Law to work on some quilts for Japan!! We each worked on a quilt top and pretty much got that done during the day!! Working with the sample squares made it quick, easy and fun!! Also, anytime you get together and have a sewing day with friends or family it always ends up being a blast!! Always lots of laughs!!

In the evening and the next day Tasha and I worked more on our quilts, and got them quilted!! All I had to do was the binding, which took me a couple extra weeks to get that done (I got a bit sidetracked with the fwqa blocks :).

I did a grandmothers flower garden quilt in a disappearing nine patch!! With the squares so large it really came together so quickly!! I love how you can see each print and it really showcases the Grandmothers Flower Garden collection!!

Doesn't the quilt look pretty in the flower garden!! :)

A couple close-ups!

Tasha and I's quilts together! Tasha did a Chum Chum Bear disappearing 9 patch with some of the Grandmothers Flower Garden fabrics too! I love how they look together!



Now I need to get these packed up and sent to Lecien, along with the other ones!! Hopefully they will all be loved by some families in Japan!!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE them so much! thanks for taking some pictures of mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are adorable!! how kind of all of you, what a wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are beautiful quilts, the colors & fabrics are so sweet, I know whoever gets them will be blessed
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful! I am sure they will be appreciated very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. les ha quedado hermosisisisismo, se que los destinatarios lo disfrutaran, y de la convinacion de colores, ni decir, soy fiel seguidora de tu blog, un abrazo desde Colombia, y espero verte por mi blog, bye!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the disappearing 9 patch. They are quick to make and yours looks great in those fabrics. A beautiful and desperately needed gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a sweetie I am sure someone will treasure the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. It is such a great pattern to show off the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilts are beautiful and this is such a sweet thing to do! Somebody will love them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beautiful work!! And see that everything is done with love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!